Linguine With White Puttanesca
LINGUINE WITH WHITE PUTTANESCA RECIPE
Ingredients (Serves 2-4 adults):
- One 6.5 ounce can of Federated Seafood Albacore tuna
- 1 package of your favorite linguine
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped pitted olives (we used Kalamata and Manzanilla olives)
- 4-6 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add linguine. For al dente pasta, allow the linguine to cook for about 9 minutes. Taste test for firmness.
- While linguine is cooking, chop garlic, fresh spinach, and olives.
- Once al dente, drain linguine and set aside.
- Return to the empty pasta pot, and over low-medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, olives, and spinach. Move ingredients around with a spoon to avoid burning and cook for a few minutes until spinach has wilted. Add entire can of tuna (with its juices).
- Add linguine, sea salt, cracked black pepper, crushed red pepper flake, and grated Parmesan. Mix well.
- Remove from heat, bowl up, and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper.